For a few months now, Me and Mike have been receiving a box of food, meat and ingredients from Hello Fresh every week. We’d decided to sign up as we we’re stuck in a rut. We’d been having the same meals day in, day out and wasting our money (as well as increasing our waist line) with take outs. Although I’ll be writing a full review on our experience with Hello Fresh, I thought I would let you guys in on one of our favourite dishes.
Although this recipe calls for ‘celeriac’ fries (don’t worry I didn’t know what a celeraic was before this dish), it can be also be made with potato fries, sweet potato fries, turnip fries and parsnip fries. So if you fancy something healthy and relatively quick then this recipe is for you!
PREP TIME: 30 MINUTES
If you’re still unsure about using a ‘weird, alien looking’ celeriac because you’re unsure about the taste then I can assure you that it tastes very much like roasted parsnips. The smell of a raw celeriac does smell like raw celery but it defiantly doesn’t taste like raw celery once cooked!
- 1 Celeriac (or any other root vegetable)
- 1 Garlic Clove (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons of Flat Leaf Parsley (chopped)
- 1 ½ sprigs of Thyme
- 1 Lemon
- 3 tablespoons of Walnuts (crushed)
- 1 punnet of Mushrooms (sliced)
- 2 Salmon Fillets
- 3 tablespoon of Olive Oil
- Pre-Heat the oven to 200°c and place a baking tray inside
- Using a sharp knife, peel the Celeriac and cut into ‘skinny fries’
- Put the Celeriac fries onto the heated baking tray and season with Olive Oil and Salt. Place the baking tray back into the oven on the top shelf.
- Leave the Celeriac fries to roast for 30 minutes, or when the fries are golden and crispy. Turn halfway.
- Whilst the Celeriac fries are roasting, grab a bowl and add the chopped Garlic Clove, the chopped Parsley, the leaves off the Thyme sprigs, the zest and juice from a ¼ of a Lemon, the crushed Walnuts, 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil and a pinch of salt. Mix all these ingredients together.
- Add the sliced Mushrooms into the mixing bowl and mix together.
- Transfer the Mushroom mixture to another baking tray and spread in an even layer
- Place the Salmon fillets on top of the Mushroom mixture, skin side down
- Move the baking tray with the Celeriac fries to the middle shelf and place the baking tray with the Mushrooms and Salmon on the top shelf and bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve the Salmon on top of the Mushrooms and garnish with the remaining Lemon. Add the Celeriac fries and serve.
Disclaimer: All reviews are my own and Hello Fresh did not ask me to write this recipe or mention their brand. The photo are my own and are property of Gluten Free City Girl